Monday, November 13, 2017

Mediterranean Feta Egg Scramble

I love me some feta cheese.
I eat it plain as a snack, love it in dips, adore it on salads...and melt when it's used as a pizza topping.

Fortunately, the people I share my life with feel the same way. None of us will ever turn our noses up at something that includes feta cheese.

When I saw this recipe on Our Best Bites, I knew it would be a favorite! Whipped it up quick one Sunday morning and hubby and I ate every bite in our bowls.
There is still a serving on the stove.
Just sitting there, waiting.

My snoozy girl child has yet to wake up and join us.
It would be in her best interest to do it soon...I might be feeling a smidge hungry again!

Ingredients:
6 Eggs
¼ Cup sour cream
¼ Tsp salt
Cracked black pepper to taste
¼ Tsp garlic powder
½ Tsp dry basil
½ Tsp dry oregano
¾ Cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp diced roasted red peppers
2 Tbsp minced green onions
1 Tbsp butter


Directions:
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat
2. Whisk eggs,sour cream, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic powder together
3. Gently fold in feta cheese
4. Add butter to heated pan
5. Add eggs to pan and stir
6. Add in red peppers and green onion
7. Cook eggs until cooked through

Print



Come party with me HERE!

8 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! We just started the Whisk It Wednesday Link Party and I thought you might like to stop by tomorrow and share there too! Have a wonderful week! Carrie @ Carrie's Home Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love these flavors! I never add sour cream to my eggs, but these are a bit decadent and probably benefit from the added yum-factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, I use to make something similar and it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always on the lookout for great breakfast recipes. I also LOVE feta cheese! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delightful! Anything with 6 eggs, sour cream and feta cheese is a winner in my book. I only wish my hubby liked the feta as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Egg Scramble looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Come to next weeks Thanksgiving party on Tuesday at 8:00 am, CST, see you then!
    Have a bountiful Thanksgiving!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this looks so good!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

    ReplyDelete