Monday, August 21, 2017

Cookies and Cream Brownies

Some of the friends I have made over the years are due to my child's choice in friends.
Isn't that nice when it works out that way? The kids hang out, the moms (and sometimes dads) hang out too.

This one in particular, the girls were friends almost from birth to age 6. We moved away from them, but the girls (and moms) kept in touch via letters, presents, and Christmas cards.
Later on, the girls got back in touch via Facebook.

Mom and I though, we just stopped talking one day. Nothing happened, that I could think of at least, we just lost touch.

Last night I had a bad dream about her. It woke me up in a sweat. As I fell back asleep, I ended up slipping into another bad dream about her. This happened about 5 times total. It left me with an uncomfortable feeling.

I looked through my email and found a work email for her. I didn't even know if it still was the right one, but I had to give it a try.

To my relief, she answered it! We talked for a bit, and then promised we will have a phone marathon very soon.

I decided to celebrate by making some brownies!
I had seen a recipe on Inspired by Charm and just had to try it.

Oh. My. Word.

Now I am not sure what is more exciting, yummy brownies, or reconnecting with an old friend!

Ingredients:
2 Boxes brownie mix
(plus ingredients specified on box)
4 Cookies and Cream candy bars


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package
3. Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray
4. Spread half of the brownie mixture into the cake pan
5. Place candy bars on the brownie layer
6. Cover with remaining brownie batter
7. Cook for 35-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean

Print



Come party with me HERE!

12 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of you to check on your friend. These brownies look amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those look so decadent! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of making Oreo brownies today and I think I need to wait to buy some of these Hershey bars; this looks amazing. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how scary. So glad she is ok and your brownies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful post with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Please keep our great state of Texas in your thoughts and prayers as we are struggling with the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Hope you have a good week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound pretty good!! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty I hope you will join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to be back in touch with your friend, Jay! Your delicious brownies are a great way to celebrate. Thank you so much for sharing these treats with The Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope you will visit again this week. Have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bars of cookies and cream chocolate in the middle! So genius! These look so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that looks like such a yummy recipe. When I hear the word brownies I get all weak in the knees. Glad to hear that your friend is well, that can be very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad your friend is OK ! Way to turn a bad into a good by celebrating with these brownies though. I'm featuring when my party opens up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandchildren would love this version of brownies. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best. I'll be pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete