Monday, July 10, 2017

Slutty Brownies

I'm BAAAACK!

Had such a great trip!

I somehow managed to go to the beach for a week...and only made it on the sand ONCE. Never did I step foot in water...
um, it was odd!

We did a lot though, and a lot of nothing as well.
My parents enjoyed the down time with family, and that's important.

Board games were played, drinks were had, and more seafood than I care to admit to.
Oh, and of course, fireworks...french fries...fried dough...pizza...all that yummy beach food!

I did very little cooking, hubby dearest handled most on the grill.
We did have one melted butter incident where my dad ended up burned, but after some quality ice pack time, he was right as rain.

Highlights for me included reading 8 books!
Ahhhhh it was such a guilty pleasure! I never have that much down time to just indulge my "need to read".

Back to work today...but, I am sure I will be so far behind, the day will fly.

I hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July and celebrated as you enjoy!







Ingredients:
Brownie Layer
10 Tbsp butter
1 ¼ Cups sugar
¾ Cup cocoa powder
½ Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Vanilla extract
2 Large eggs
½ Cup flour
Oreo Layer:
1 Package of chocolate sandwich cookies
Cookie Dough Layer:
½ Cup butter (softened)
¼ Cup Brown sugar
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ Cup Flour
½ Tsp salt
½ Tsp Baking soda
⅓ Tsp Baking powder
1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips


Directions:
1. (Brownie layer) In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
2. Add sugar and cocoa powder, combine, remove from heat
3. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs.
4. Whisk until the eggs are combined
5. Add flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
6. (Cookie dough layer) Cream together butter and sugars
7. Add eggs and vanilla
8. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
9. Fold in chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
10. Prepare a 8x11 pan: Layer with tin foil and spray with cooking spray
11. Preheat oven to 350
12. Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of pan, pressing into place
13. Layer chocolate creme cookies (as many as will fit, do not overlap)
14. Pour brownie batter on top and spread evenly
15. Bake for 50 minutes. Check for doneness.

Print

Cookie Dough Layer

Oreo Layer

Brownie Layer

Cookie Dough Layer

Add the Oreos

Top with the brownie mixture

Finished
Decadent!



Adapted from: What's Gaby Cooking

Come party with me HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment