Sunday, July 16, 2017

National Ice Cream Day 2017






Did you know that the third Sunday in July is "National Ice Cream Day"?!
I feel so...in-touch right now!

I can't keep up with days for everything, but it's fun every now and again to play along with one that feeds your need for a sweet treat


Now, my big question for the day is...


It seems to be a New England, PA sort of "thing" to call them jimmies. To me, sprinkles are the candy sugar I use to decorate cookies!

When we moved down south (oh so many years ago) my 3 year old sister ordered ice cream with jimmies. Everyone in the store looked at her like she was nuts. Not sure where my 11 year old brain came up with it, but I said "oh! she means sprinkles".
Problem averted.
It wasn't until a couple of years later that I learned that particular group of southerners used the term jimmies for condoms! (gasp!) I can only imagine what they were thinking when this peanut kid asked for them!

So...
What do YOU call them?

My vote will always be for:


No comments:

Post a Comment